Sunday, October 15, 2006

P-Fest to Remember

Sunday, October 15, 2006

P-Fest to Remember
Current mood: bouncy

I woke up around 10 am, still hungover, and wondering what it might take to have a somewhat normal day. Bloody Marys seemed like an excellent way to accomplish this. Mix that with a joint, and before I can get the taste of tomato juice out of my mouth, I've got a funnel coming at me. By 12, as we're leaving the house, the sky is starting to look slightly drunk, and I'm starting to feel slightly cloudy.

We walk to Cameron's Pub for a few pints and a joint on the Smoking Bus (complete with tvs, how cool is that?) and eventually, we spill out onto Main Street among the throngs. Cameron, Charles, myself, 2 Kelseys, Kevin, Kelly, Jessie, Derek, Alan. It's food, it's smoke, it's masses, pumpkins, calamari, chowder, more pumpkins.

We get beers, but they're five bucks. For the rest of the afternoon, it's 22s of Corona poured into empty cups costing a fraction of the price. Jessie decides to make it a practice of the day to run into people she doesn't want to see, while we stagger around from party to party, failing to make it to the free keg somewhere down Miramontes. Or was it Spruce?

By the time we've rolled through the festival, making friends with cops on the way, not many of us are standing straight. We stagger back to house where the adults have brought in themselves and food to feed everyone. Mashed taters, Cesar, tri tip, beer, wine, etc.

By about 10 o'clock, my memory starts to fade a little bit. I think it was that shot of tequila someone told me would be a good idea. Or maybe the rest of the dope we burned through.

After all that, I pass out on the couch, and wake up this morning to start all over again with Mickey's and the 49ers game.

No comments: