Sunday, February 25, 2007

Saturday's Sense of Gravity










Sunday, February 25, 2007

Saturday's Sense of Gravity
Current mood: cold

After running to the city to retrieve my phone, having Nini's and then working for the rest of the day, Saturday night can't seem to come soon enough. I take a short nap and reload with a bonne sante sandwich, before showering and jumping in the car. Weird to have a starting destination other than Mike and Julian's place, but it's to Damie's I go to meet up with them and Charles.

Apparently, they're all a wreck. Actually, that's probably an understatement when you're talking about three individuals that left the Cat Club the night before, passed out, and then got up and started drinking at 10 in the morning, not to stop all day. I come in with three 12s of coors light, and hear nothing but groans and moans over the fact that I'm going to make them drink more beer.

It's a later start, but I get into a rhythm with the Beirut, and learn their new three player version of the game. The party we're aiming for is one of Pat's friends birthday parties. They've rented out Gravity, and I can tell you from experience that whenever one of Pat's friends or group rents out a bar for a party, you should always try to attend.

On the way, Charles tells me that there's an evite for the party, and he's not sure if he put plus one to get us in or not. There will be a guestlist at the door. We hop out of the cab and head up. Bouncer asks the name, Charles says Charles. "Which guest list are you on?"

Charles hesitates, the bouncer smells fear. "The evite one."

"Whose?"

"I don't know, the evite."

"Have you two been smoking pot?"
(in unison)
"Yes."

"I'm just fucking with you. Come on in, have a good time." We walk in and see the usual suspects…Pat, Vincent Chang, Matt Goldstein. The place is fucking packed. I feel like a sardine and a fish out of water all at the same time. I spend ten minutes trying to get 12 feet to the doorway to the bathroom, only to be told that that's the kitchen, not the bathroom, and I can't come in. I then fight ten minutes back to the original spot I left, to have to change direction and go towards the bathroom.

While I don't remember all that much of it, I can tell from the evidence this morning that I spent quite some time taking pictures, most from about waist level up (as in I was holding the camera at my waist and taking pictures).

My morning consists of a walk from Hayes and Clayton to 8th and Judah.

Next up…Sunday night tomfoolery at Behan's.

No comments: