Wednesday, November 5, 2008

From Trick or Freak to 406





On Halloween, after I've abandoned the idea of being Kriss Kross in part because I have no Kross (or Kriss, if I were Kross), and in part because if you've ever actually attempted to put on a pair of pants backwards, you would realize they need to be 10 sizes bigger than the pants you actually wear, I've decided to be a pro-Beirut player. Not a very crazy costume, but one that was both super comfortable and easy to sell.

I leave the house around 6 and head over to Moon Bay to trick or treat at my Mom/P's place. I stay with them for a little bit before heading up the coast and stopping in at my Dad's Halloween party where everyone seems to be having a pretty good time. My Dad, obsessed at the moment with TrueBlood, has vampire teeth in, and they've got dry ice everywhere giving the house a nice festive feel. I kill a rodka there and continue on to the city. I get to Za's house and she as Matt Hasselbeck, myself as a better pro and Marge as Kung Fu Panda have a few before having Maurod pick us up.

He drives us over to the Lollipop party at Kelly's Mission Rock. The last Lollipop party I went to, before Pride, was a blast, and this one is no exception. Thankfully, we got there early enough to avoid the huge lines and wait that killed us before, and we get right in and up to a bar. If you haven't been out to this place and have a chance to get there for a party, do it. The venue is perfect, with multiple dance floors and bars so it never gets too hard to get a drink, plenty of outdoor space for smoking and hanging out. As the evening progresses, T, Arl, Wend and others show up in various forms of dress, and I'm treated to such outfits as Waldo twins, and my personal favorite of the evening, Mario, Luigi and the Princess.

After we leave, Maurod gets us and drops most of us off at the Lex before driving me on to pick up Marc and Jean to head back to the Marina. Once there, they offer me a place on their couch, which I graciously decline. The next morning, I enjoy an outstanding walk in the rain from the Marina to the Mission before hitting the club and heading home.

Sunday is Xena's birthday party in combination with her and T's housewarming party, and the gang's all there. Their new place is tight, basically a larger version of their old place with something even better...the deck has been replaced by a roof with panoramic views of the bay and GGBridge. Too. Sweet. The party is complete with a ton of booze (like any of Xena's parties are ever short on that), and an immense amount of food, which is good, because I didn't eat anything before my first drink of the day on my way to the city.

What's funny is that the time change has everyone fucked up, and on top of having been drinking all day, it feels like 11 o'clock when it's only 7:30. People start filing out faded, and I have Hessica who has been a champion to step up and DD for me, to take me home.

No comments: