Friday, April 17, 2009

10 Things to Think About on a Friday

Good God man! I have no idea why I just started with that, but I liked the sound of it and it kinda came flying out of my fingers, so I'm going to go with it. This week was a mixture of the good and the bad, the pleasure and the pain. On Monday, I felt like scooping my eyes out with a wooden spoon as my team voted to go see Hannah Montana. On Wednesday, I felt like my heart went into the microwave as I paid most of my money to the government. I then tried to ease my sorrows out at the 7 Mile with E and Coach. Yesterday, I was told that my ear ache is from stress, not an ear infection, and then I went to relieve some stress at the Academy of Sciences. Pictures will be up on that soon. Tonight, it's up to the city for a bit for Bini's birthday celebration and then home to get ready for the all day meet tomorrow. But before any of that happens, there's 10 things that I'll propose you ponder before the weekend comes.

1) The voice of our generation and the basis of football video games, John Madden, has retired. This will make Al Michaels unbearable to listen to.

2) Looks like Obama wants to build us a high speed rail system. Question 1: Can we stop it from being the bust that the Taggart line became once the government took ownership? 2: Will this push include more regional transportation growth? 3: Why'd this take so long when Japan, France and Spain all already have this?
Link
3) I knew the fraternity I was in at USC was going downhill when I deactivated from it for moral and ethical reasons. But I really never expected it to go this far downhill with a report of a drugging and sexual assault at a party this week.

4) There's nothing I like quite so much as an argument getting reframed so that other people can be persuaded. Here's an article giving a conservative argument for the legalization of same-sex marriage.

5) If you're a fan of photography, you'll enjoy this new National Geographic toy that creates scalable photo mosaics out of user submitted photography.

6) This woman just had the luckiest day of her life...she gets shot in the head, goes downstairs and makes a cup of tea.

7) This guy, on the other hand, isn't quite so lucky. If you're 27 and you look like you're a toddler, not only will it be hard to meet girls, but even a real ID will probably be passed off as fake.

8) Heard this song out last night and the DJ was kind enough to post it for download. Check out "Chris Isaak vs. Fatboy Slim."

9) I had never read about this before, but apparently the unthinkable is true...Beatles music might just sound better in Mono.

10) Finally, in a sinister dictator question...would you rather be Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez or Ahminejad?

That's it folks...remember that nap time is important.

No comments: