Monday, February 1, 2010

Where Did I Go Just Now?

So, it's February 1st. I know most people started their New Year's Resolutions a month ago, but given that I've kept to my 2006 resolution to never make another resolution, I couldn't very well do that now, could I? What I did decide, however, was I needed to have more consistency in my life. I figured I could eat more fiber or commit myself to writing a blog post, however brief, a day, and making sure to change my quote of the day, which I obviously haven't done in months.

Just where have I been? Where haven't I been?

I left work in September to return to school full time. I'm pursuing a Master's and enjoying thoroughly every class and minute. I feel like I'm back in college, which fits how I've always felt age wise, so it's a good thing. All the parties, the weekends, the yearly events (Pumpkin Festival, Thanksgiving, birthday, Christmas) all happened with the same amount of wildness I'm accustomed to, I just never got around to writing about any of it. So, it all happened, you just don't get to hear it. There were some outstanding things that took place, some of which I'll recount in hilarious and slightly unbelievable stories later, but for now, we'll stick to getting up to speed. I've had two roommates since we've last spoken, both of which have been fantastic and a ton of fun. I'm on the search for a new one right now, with more news of that later in the week.

Triumph and heartbreak, school work and play, friends and lovers (though you know I don't talk about that) I've had it all in the past 4 months. Of course, the "Right Now" on the side there was constantly running with my Twitter feed, but I doubt many got around to checking that with any frequency, and why should you?

What's to come? Well, since I'm going for daily, even if it's brief, it'll be something...a thought, a comment on something that happened, a suggestion for some music, anything. The quote I'll attempt to change first thing in the morning. The weekend debauchery will be a given, and I'm going to be working on incorporating some of the writing I've done offline into the posts...some essays and stories I've prepared for school, as well as some spoken word pieces I've written over the past few months will make appearances. I've also found some old journals and think that might be fun to mix in there. I'll label any of those with "Old" or something, so you don't waste your time on anything that's not a new product if you don't want to.

This is my welcome back party. Thanks for coming. The quote of the day today comes from a class I took in early January about educating exceptional children, and it's about what is called "the curse of knowledge":

"Once we know something, we find it hard to imagine what it was like to not know it." - from Made to Stick

Where did I go just now? Who cares. This is about where I'm about to go. Cheers.

1 comment:

Em said...

you've been in the kitchen.