Saturday, March 31, 2007

All Sorts of Randomness (or my City Circuit)

Last night gets about as random as it can get. It starts with Beirut at 518 before the Giants game with Zena. Even though it's a preseason game, we're pretty excited, especially after a few games. We head over there in about the 4th inning, but not before leaving the apartment and running into a big group of guys hanging around outside the door on the street. I"m trying to protect us to move past them, and hear, "Is your name Adam? Is that you _____ (my last name, erased for protective purposes)?" I have no idea who this guy is, but he looks familiar, went to Crocker, and talks about blazing with me and Parker back at the old house.

"You still blaze man?" Look who you're asking! They hand me the blunt they're killing, and I watch in amusement as they all try to hit on Zena, even asking for a number to which she responds, "I'm a lesbian." They look at me like they don't believe this, but I tell them, that's the case. When they offer her the blunt, she declines, and one of them says, "doesn't like guys, doesn't like weed, I'm shit out of luck." Good observation buddy.

I've been told that her ex is at the game on a date, but we're not going to look for them. Of course, these are the first two people, avec the children, that we run into in the vastness of the ballpark. Of all the people and places in the stadium, we literally walk right into them on their date. Weird and random.

We stay through the end of the game, which ends 2-2 in the 9th. She goes home to "power nap" which turns into a passout session, I meet up with Mike, Julian and Sonya and get tricked into taking half shots of apple vodka. I think all is well and good until it's pointed out to me that it was actually apple rum. Not the same thing. By the time we get to City Tavern I'm well on my way to ridiculous behavior.

I step outside to smoke at this point and go for a walk. I've decided that the best course of action for me is to go to an atm, catch a cab and pass out at 518. I'm walking to the atm when I hear, "you need a cab?" Um...do you take card? He does, and I jump in. The cab ride sobers me a little, and I'm wondering why the hell I just left everyone at the bar to get in a cab by myself at 12, with no real place to go. We get to Van Ness and Pacific, and I say, "I have an odd request."

He looks in the back at me like I've just asked him for a backrub. "what do you want?"

"Well, I'm wondering if you might take me back to where you picked me up."

"You want to go back to where I got you?"

"Yea, I'm not sure why, but I want to go back."

He looks at me like I've fallen out of a tree, but he obliges and drops me back off there. My sobriety does not improve. At this point, Mike asks me to help out Julian by talking with him to these girls. I walk over, and this girl is both unattractive and completely trashed, falling around. I'm there two seconds and she starts flirting with me. I really just want her to take a nap on the bar. I don't want to be rude, but I don't want her to think in any way that I'm interested. I go back to Mike and ask him, "If we were walking on a bridge, would you throw me in front of a truck?"

Mike's confused. "No. Why?"

"then why would you do it in a bar?"

The night ends shortly after this, as I get in a cab and end up in the Panhandle. Not panhandling. Today, it's on to T's birthday in the Mission. Atta way!

No comments: