Monday, July 16, 2007

101!





When I looked at the main page for the Door and realized that I had posted 100 times since the beginning of my blogging days, I decided that 101 couldn't be just another post...it had to be the definitive 101st Post. Ever. In celebration, I have used my memory and the fabulous Wikipedia to bring you some information about 100's big brother that you might not have known.

-The 26th prime number, and therefore a palindromic prime.
-Neo's number from the Matrix
-Basic entry course at most western colleges
-The tallest building in the world, in Taipei (Taipei 101)
-Torture room from Orwell's 1984
-Dalmatians
-In Argentina, dialing it will get you the police.
-the minimum number of keys on your computer keyboard
-When I leave the city, I cruise the 101 South. Hey, I bet you do too!
-101st Airborne, of course.
-Arnold was the T-800 Model 101
and finally, after I started this blog, it took 12 days to hit 101 page views.
Pictures: US 101 as seen at the 280 Interchangein 1964, Taipei 101 and the STS-101 space mission

No comments: