Tuesday, July 31, 2007

1,000 Viewers!


Readers:
A moment that I have waited a while for has finally come…1,000 page visits. In the last four months (from the creation of the blog, not the beginning of posts, March 19th, to be exact), I’ve shared tales of movie watching, bar hopping, baseball game going, restaurant visiting and randomness beyond description. Or at least beyond the kind of description I'm going to get involved with here. In over 100 posts, I’ve opened up on my philosophy, political and otherwise, my daily routines and other things that I thought at the time might be of interest to someone. Looking back, I find this an audacious assumption. I chuckle at my own impudence.

Out of 1,000 page visits, we’ve had 1,420 page views, meaning most will stop and stay awhile. Whether you check daily for the Quote of the Day or only weekly to kill those wretched moments between 4:49 and 5:00 on a Friday, I appreciate your readership. Truly. It's better than being kicked in the teeth.

The year is more than half over now, and I’m wondering where the time went. It feels like yesterday I was writing about my trip to the Rose Bowl on the 1st, and now we face the 1st of August. The summer is dwindling, the opportunities to get to the lake house are waning, and the days of BBQs, blunts and beers are rapidly disappearing. I don’t think anyone else wants to think about the facts that we’re only 1 month from Labor Day, 2 from Pumpkin Festival, 3 from Thanksgiving and 4 from Christmas. Am I scaring you yet?

At any rate, I’ve I enjoy this little Door…not only has it help me get a nice tight grasp around my OCD (haha), but it’s helped me create a virtual journal that I otherwise would not have had. I used to write in journals. My hands would cramp, I wouldn't have time to write or be too lazy some nights, and I invariably had to throw them away when I fell asleep in bed spilling whatever I was drinking at the time I was writing all over them.

As we move forward and look towards 1,500 page views and 2,000 visits, I can only tell you that as of right now, I’m just getting started. I'm not sure what that means, but if you have any ideas, feel free to send them to me so I can use them here and claim them as my own.

Again, thank you for your visits…
The Management

No comments: