Monday, August 13, 2007

Dismissed



As some of you know, I've been in the process of fighting a ticket I got for not wearing my seat belt. My contention, provided through written declaration in this fine bureaucracy of ours, was that the officer was too far away to be able to see that my seat belt wasn't on, and therefore there was a high probability that he had made a simple visual error.

Let this be a lesson to you...never give up in these matters without a fight. I had a speeding ticket reversed when the cop didn't show up to verify what was on his radar gun, I've gotten this one dismissed by arguing that the cop was too far away, and in the past four months I've gotten 3 parking tickets dismissed because of written arguments that contended that either an parking meter error or meter maid error had taken place.

Damn the man, once again.

No comments: