Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Family, New Standards






I couldn't figure out why it was so important to be seen at the Lake House this weekend by Em and Sean...they don't usually make it out from Utah, so I figured the fact that they even had a vacation was big...let alone one they wanted to spend with me. Roomie and I got up to the lake at about 10 on Friday night, and when I woke up in the morning, I found out. There, placed in front of me at breakfast, was a gift from them. I opened it up to find something that confused me a little at first. I had to do a double take to realize that the coffee mug with "Uncle AC" on it was not only mine, but meant that my sister is 10 weeks pregnant! I will soon be an Uncle!

Sis, her significant other, Roomie and myself decide that because we only have one day up there, Em's pregnant and Sunday is Roomie's 23rd birthday, we need to get hammered, as in immediately. We start at about 1 with mix drinks (peach on peach for me) and Asshole, which we don't stop playing until it's time for dinner. I found a rule that sticks throughout the night...whenever I start dancing the last person to say, "This is A--'s favorite song" has to drink. The drinking doesn't stick, but the comment when I start dancing does. Dinner is a bit hazy...I remember nothing but the tritip steak.

We head out on the water for the booze cruise, which I also remember extremely little of. Truthfully, I'm not sure how I got so incredibly wasted that I don't even remember if I was the one that parked the boat at the end of the cruise. Somewhere in there, almost my entire stash disappeared, and the majority of the Absolut disappeared with it. I'm told that Roomie helped me with a bit of it, but for the most part, I killed it solo.

I remember a few of the joints I rolled, and my mom telling me as she was going to bed, "You need to not be so drunk right now." I laughed. "Mom, I'm not drunk!" This morning she was telling me that Roomie and I spent a good portion of the evening attacking each other, but I tell her that's normal all the time. I think we set a new standard of drunk at the lake house, which for those that have come, know is not easy to do.

I woke up in the middle of the night on the couch, not really sure how I had gotten there, and extremely grateful that I hadn't urinated or thrown up on anything. Even more surprising was how remarkably good I felt this morning besides the fact that I used my body as an alcohol processing plant for close to 12 hours. Never did find out what happened to all that grass....

Photos: Roomie is not happy that I'm taking her picture, P trying on my hat, Em trying my hat, the soon to be parents Em and Sean, and the Sis and Roomie getting ready to play Asshole.

No comments: