Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving #2/Thanksgiving Eve



Thanksgiving #2 is at Pop's house on Wednesday night with him, KC and Sis...he does a pork loin roast, garlic mashed potatoes and a salad. I contribute a carrot cake from the Love Shack. Of course, I'm an idiot and forget to take pictures of this one, but Pops always puts on the good spread.

Following dinner, it's the standard Wednesday before Thanksgiving descent of everyone from the two major HSchools here. I'm talking down at the Steelhead, you can't walk two feet without needing to to say hello to someone you either a) haven't seen since last year, b) didn't ever want to see again, or c) don't remember from that sophomore journalism class that they obviously remember you from. I cab down from the apt with Hessica, Chuck and Gavroche.

For some reason they shut down the brewery early and the party moves to several other area bars...we end up at the Alibi, a pool hangout/bar off BAve. All is fine until on my way to the bathroom I'm confronted by about a 55 year old 5'4 woman with a mustache that tells me I'm cute and indicates something about taking me home. I disappear to somewhere else fast.

Then, as everyone is having a good time, two jack asses on the sidewalk outside the bar decide they're going to mix it up. One guy gets in the other guy's face and before you know it, these two fine gentlemen have brought the attention of about 10 cops to the area, who, once subduing the fighters, move inside to tell everyone the bar is closed. I'm sure everyone loves it when two people ruin it for the rest of us....the video is almost too dark to see anything, but you can kinda get the idea, especially with one guy's favorite line..."who the fuck you think you is?!" Ahh, Bgame.

No comments: