Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's Not His Bag




Friday night comes on with a savage vengeance. After Hessica pulls the lame bail move (although, let’s be fair, she did go hard on Thursday), I head up to the city to meet with Topher. It’s been some time since we threw down and I’m happy to see when I arrive that he’s already in rare form following happy hour. We’re met at his place by English Stew, Jarles and Tarah. After several games of Wii bowling (far less strenuous while drunk than real bowling), we head to Bus Stop where the drinks are always…potent.

As an aside here, there are few places I like better in the Marina than Bus Stop. The bartenders work quickly and the drinks will put you on your ass. In fact, following our launching pad drinks and the first drink at the Stop, Topher has to pack it in and go home to talk on the phone for an hour before passing out. As soon as the drinks are finished, the evening starts to get out of hand.

We leave the Stop for City Tavern where the drinks are cheap cause Chris is working the bar. English Stew gets his first mind eraser and slowly morphs himself into Austin Powers. Our party finds its way outside to smoke and Stew finds a s shoe on the ground which he promptly starts telling people in the street, “It’s not my shoe!” Jarles stops making out on the sidewalk for a minute in order for Stew to get a purse. With this in hand, he goes running across the street telling a couple walking by, “It’s not my bag, it’s just not my bag!” People begin to become frightened.



At this point, movement will no longer be possible without some sort of food. Over to Pizza Orgasmica where Chaz and I go through close to three pieces each. When I head to Nini’s the next morning, I don’t make it through breakfast without Katie’s signature sunrise mimosa to break the fall.

No comments: