Sunday, February 17, 2008

Missed Connections Night

Friday night turns into a perfect storm of failed attempts to see people. Every try at meeting up with someone fell apart, but all of it ended in a good way. I get up to Topher's place where Wii bowling is turning into the replacement of Beirut. I view this as both good and bad for different reasons. I tended to drink more when playing Beirut. On the bad side of that, I tended to drink more. I also view Beirut as having a more head to head competitive element of skill and physical activity. After waxing me for two games straight, we go to Mauna Loa where we're supposed to meet up with ChengJ and two girls. ChengJ's there, but with girls who have guys with them. We decide to make a jump to meet E at the I, and I finally get the word that he's on the way.

Topher and I get going and get out of the cab in front. Bouncer tells me E isn't there, but to head on in. Dagmar gets drinks and Topher looks green in the face. I tell him to face the bar and chill out. Still no E. I hit him up and apparently, down at 7 Mi, some jackass has decided to confront him. For any of you that have met E, you know that he's harmless, right until you get him heated. 7 Mi is his home away from home (and the I of course), and the way he describes it to me, "this guy didn't know where the fuck he was. I was tempted to close the doors and take care of business."

As soon as we hear he's been permanently detained at the 7 Mi, we finish our drinks and decide to meet up with Damie at Gu's birthday at Horizon. Only, the minute we're in the door and find them, they're packing up to leave. I think for a second they're joking, but then, nope, they're serious. We leave there and head back to the apartment where we part ways.

So how do you follow up an evening where every time you attempt to meet up with someone, something goes wrong? You go out and randomly run into people you had no intention of seeing. You wake up and decide to head to Nini's by yourself and run into a guy who approaches and knows you from high school who you've completely forgotten, and English Stew with a few others sitting down to eat. Then you head to Bonne Sante on your way home and and run into PatS. Very odd.

No comments: