Friday, February 22, 2008

Top Model Time

It's alright...you can give me a hard time...I like ANTM. Doesn't bother me to say. And I won't go into details of why I like it like I did last year. I'll just tell you they're back and ready to take a run at another season of photo shoots, drama and Tyra playing a cross between a runway model, a judge and a sympathetic sister. This year it looks like we're going to have as contestants, among others, a mother who is drinking her own breast milk in order to keep herself lactating while away from her baby (she said it, not me), and an ex Mormon...As always, we have the first episode to thank for a variety of excellent sound bytes...

The Never Give-Up Award: "This is my 8th time auditioning, but with my determination, I'm not gonna give up." - Shalynda, 23, Washington, D.C. Good for you Shalynda...keep up that determination.

Most Improved Award: "Since last season, I've been working on myself, going to therapy every Tuesday." - Marvita, San Francisco. No sarcasm here, glad she's getting well...she had some serious issues.

Line Used by the Most Models: "I'm so happy to be here Tyra, you don't understand." I think, after 10 seasons of having 30 girls tell her this, Tyra probably gets it.

Most Naive Thing Said by a Contestant: "Do you want me to pose?" - Kim. No Kim, they want you to be America's Next Top Model without posing.

A is A...the Award for the most redundant statement: "I'm really happy about that because I studied fashion, I love fashion, and I like to create beauty because I'm beautiful." - Shaya, 18, Country Club Hills, IN That's good Shaya, you should see how many good Shaya things you can make, as you're busy being Shaya, making good things.

Most Confident Award: "I have the attitude, I have the spirit, you walk like you own the runway." - Dominique, 23, Columbus, OH

No comments: