Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tequila Heights






Friday night is Morty's and JK's birthday dinner celebration. I get to Topher's around 7:30 to start playing Wii. Morty and his lady show up, ChengJ, Gies and Alli. Then comes Malia, who I haven't seen in ages. I need to leave the apartment several times as Topher has provided wine and cheese that smells like something died in his refrigerator. We realize we'll need a few cars so people start heading down to grab cabs while ChengJ and I wait for Maurod.

We get over to the site of the dinner at Tortilla Heights where it's a madhouse. Vision already impaired, I for some reason think that ChengJ and I doing a shot of Patron before we sit down to dinner sounds like a great idea. I feel like I'm in Cancun only it's raining outside and I've never actually been to Cancun. I think the moment I realized I could take shots of Patron at random was a very bad one. At the restaurant we're joined by JacZ, Morty's younger sister, Sutton and one of his friends. Determined to drink my way through dinner, I shun offers of food thrown my way. I adjourn from my rodka in order to go outside for some air. Outside, I hear passer bys with the obligatory, "it smells like..."

Midway through dinner, after JK gets a pomegranate margarita (hey, it's his birthday), I realize that I'd better eat something. I gnaw through a quesadilla before pounding my drink as fast as possible. This doesn't improve my situation. The group has gotten slightly rowdy at this point and what was a sit down dinner devolves into 20 or so drunk people playing musical chairs in the middle of a restaurant. I'm informed that we're leaving, but, being concerned about the direction the party is heading, I say my goodbyes and jump in a cab.

I head down to Double Dutch (or it might have been Beauty's or something, I'm not sure at this point) where Za, McButter, Xena and Windy are dancing. Xena's assaulted by some girl, but that's nothing that I don't see anytime she's out...failing to find food, I remember staggering down McButter's hallway for her to put me to bed in the other bedroom. I wake up in the morning, completely lost, jumping out of bed with my mind screaming, "how did you get this trashed and not know where you are on a weeknight? You're late for work! You didn't set an alarm." I'm halfway into my clothes before I realize where I am, that it's Saturday, and I'm not late for anything. I get back in bed, spark, and drift away again. After waking up, it's down to Nini's where another item on the gauntlet falls (Pasta Marinara this time). Up next, more Saturday city debauchery. Check out the picture of the 7 of us...that's a high school reunion!

No comments: