Thursday, October 30, 2008

Not Another Camera!

I swear. After almost a full year of damage free camera owning, I have now had two people break two cameras on me in the last two months. First, it was at the Vallejo housewarming party that SG's GF's cousin slapped my camera out of ChengJ's hand while he was taking a picture of her. After being told that it would be taken care of , I was offered $50 dollars as proper compensation for my 18 month old $300 dollar digital camera. A great many friendly yet sarcastic thanks go out to that offer.

Friday night we got out to the Presidio to bowl for ChengJ's birthday. Afterwards we head to City Tavern and when I ask some girl to take a picture of ChengJ and I, she does, and then promptly drops my camera on the floor. She was extremely apologetic and gave me her email address to send her a bill for the repairs. It went to Best Buy yesterday for said repairs, so it remains to be seen what the damage will be, and if she'll actually follow through on paying for the repairs, or if I'll get to repeat my previous camera incident. I think the moral of the story is that I need to stop asking people to take pictures of me with my camera. From now on, any picture of me with someone will be taken by me at arm's length.

Sunday is the annual Love Shack party. Held at the Skylark, the minute you enter you're handed a joint. Then, as the night wears on, you're passed many more joints with orders to "spark it and pass it around." Not a bad way to spend an evening. They also have a huge vaporizer balloon that goes around, but a bit wary of sucking on something that everyone else in the room has had their mouth on, I pass. What I don't pass on, however, is winning a raffle prize...I walk out with a free 1/4 of OGKush.

So I leave the weekend with a busted camera (again) and a free bag of OG. In other words, smashed and smashed. Up next, Halloween (and yes, I still need costume ideas.)

No comments: