Thursday, January 15, 2009

10 Things to Think About on a Friday

We'll call this the week of dinners as I had dinner out or with someone every night. Got Dad and the HMB crew on Monday (chow mein/potstickers), Glaze on Tuesday (burrito), Grandma and my Aunt on Wednesday (sushi), and ErNa last night (oysters and cocktails)...I feel like a world traveler who didn't live San Mateo County. But that's not why you're here, is it? You're here because it's Friday, you ain't got shit to do, and 5 pm is still hours away. So relax, read a few articles and think about a few things why don't you!?

1) I thought I was bad with my text messaging. But somewhere, I don't think I come anywhere near sending 14,528 text messages in a month as this 13 year old did...

2) Are you bored? As in really bored? While most of us aren't able to scarf down shrooms or drop during our working hours, here are a few simple tricks to induce hallucinations that won't get you fired.

3) If you've been following the BART shooting in Fruitvale, you'll be happy to know that they arrested the executioner, I mean, former officer. All I have to say is good luck with your not guilty plea...you're only the most watched shooting of the year...

4) There's pilots, and then there's the pilot who can crash land a jet into the Hudson river without killing anyone...talk about mastery. He's been studying for that crash landing his entire life, it would appear. And to think there's even more you can read about "ditching" airplanes.

5) In a certain sign that the apocalypse is upon us, not only is Hollywood working on a live action adaptation of Akira, but now they're intent on completely trashing Cowboy Bebop by making a live movie that stars Keanu Reeves as Spike. Get your live-action, shitty-actor hiring hands off my favorite Anime you jack asses! It's Anime because it's supposed to be animated, not have Neo running around like a monotone moron. On the same level...we're shortly to be blessed with the live action movie The Legend of Chun Li. And if you thought I meant the Chun Li from Street Fighter the video games, you were right...


6) Speaking of jack asses...gotta love Johnny Knoxville. Actually, I hate him, but I can't help but laugh when he brings an inert grenade into LAX. Didn't anyone tell him we're on terrorist alert here?

7) Finally someone said it in the SFGate...I've heard that someone I live with is wholeheartedly behind any plan to legalize...let's stop this ridiculous "war" on drugs...drugs are winning!

8) Gotta love Tom Hanks...the man as American as Forrest Gump was willing to speak out this week and call Mormons who supported Prop 8 un-American. Hell yes Tom. Bigotry, prejudice and inequality have no place in this country, no matter what the Mormons think.

9) Well, he lied to us about most everything else...why wouldn't we expect Bush to lie about being a cowboy?

10) Has anyone else noticed that it's the middle of January and it feels like Summer outside?

That's it folks, take care this weekend.