Friday, March 6, 2009

10 Things to Think About on a Friday

This week flew. I think it was because I was home sick for two days. But would I let illness keep me down? Me thinks not, as I rebounded with a full work/track/going out on Thursday and I'm in the saddle again here on Friday. If you're looking for a new band to listen to, let me NOT recommend the Wavves. They're noise punk that sounds like they filtered all of their music through a static laced emergency broadcast system. I actually liked music a little less when I heard their CD. Of course, listening to some Glass Candy fixed that real quick. In the meantime, as you get ready to end whatever you've been up to on this rain filled week, here are 10 things to ponder from the wonderful world of wonder around us.

1) I saw a great Bill Maher panel the other night...Alan Cumming, P.J. O'Rourke and Gavin Newsome. Their conversation about the future of news media was very interesting. But on the hilarious end, Maher ripped one of the best "New Rules" segments I've heard in a while.

2) I've often wondered myself, and think this a good time for the conversation revolving around gender neutral pronouns on Twitter.

3) Finally. It only took a few years, but it looks like Eminem is ready to grace us with a new album. Actually, to be more specific, he's ready to drop 2 in 2009.

4) In really cool music news, the video game movie that I think most of our generation obsessed over, Tron, is returning for a sequel. The news? Daft Punk is going to be creating the original score.

5) In TV land, Curb Your Enthusiasm is set to start on their next season. And in what is sure to spark even more enthusiasm in the fans, the entire Seinfeld cast will be making a multi-episode story line.

6) So apparently this guy tried to get out of a conviction for sexually molesting his 13 year old step-daughter by claiming her AOL away message said nothing happened. Sorry guy, you were still hooking up with a 13 year old. Of course, that's gruesome and bad. As are the ever increasing details of Chris Brown beating the shit out of Rihanna. Sorry Chris, but you just don't hit someone you love like that, especially if she's right about you cheating. Cheating? On Rihanna? Get your head examined. You just threw away a gorgeous girl and a budding career so you could cheat on her and then leave her bloody on the side of the road. Someone say, "Jail time!" Do I seem amped on this subject? Well I am! We're talking about child molestation and domestic violence here. Moving on before I throw something...

7) Of course, maybe you want to throw something. No? What if I told you that Chris Brown, following his arraignment yesterday, went out to a bar to celebrate?!

8) I like our news media sometimes...they bring us funny stories of crazy animals, like this octopus, doing crazy things, like squeezing into a box to get lunch.

9) Obama will be lifting the stem cell ban put in place by former president Bush on Monday. Welcome back to America, science.

10) And finally, if you had to choose, would you rather be able to eat nothing but salad for an entire year, yet every beverage had to contain alcohol, or be able to drink whatever you want for an entire year, but every meal had to be a fast food one?

Cheers people, be good to each other.

No comments: