Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Should You Like the Memoir

{the following is a reprint of a blog post for my book club blog, Radical Period Queer Period}
So we just got done with reading A Wolf at the Table: A Memoir of My Father and we'll be meeting to discuss it, but in the meantime, I wanted to shoot off a few suggestions for other books you might like if you enjoyed this one, following the non-fiction, memoir type account.

- This Boy's Life, Tobias Wolff
- About a Boy, Roald Dahl
- Ryan White: My Own Story, Ryan White
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again, David Foster Wallace
- Go Ask Alice, Anonymous (Although there is significant debate as to the veracity of this book in its current "non-fiction" form.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmm maybe i will check those out. is your book club an online one?