Thursday, December 20, 2007

26 Fantastic Moments

I really don't know how I got here. Growing up, I couldn't see past 25, and yet here I am, turning 26. Some things have gone exactly how I planned them, and some of my best laid plans have turned to shit in my hands. Some experiences I knew I would have I've had again and again, others that I never thought I would experience I have. I've known enemies and friends, girlfriends and lovers, family and colleagues. So what's the best? Can't answer that one for you. But I can give you 26 of the moments, thoughts or experiences in my life that have made me feel like I'm sitting on top of the world...(in no particular order)

1) Taking naps in the grass during summers in Iowa.
2) Skydiving
3) The first time I made love (thanks H.C.)
4) Hearing my Dad say he's proud of me.
5) Running a 4:40 mile in high school.
6) Winning my first 330 hurdles race.
7) My first time at Morton's.
8) Scoring a 770 on the English SAT 2.
9) First time I got h__ (thanks Wolf)
10) The moment I came clean about Essaygate.
11) Anytime I play Ultimate frisbee.
12) Winning a soccer game in a shoot out as a goalkeeper.
13) First time I finished We the Living by Ayn Rand.
14) Flowing with Topher and ChengJ.
15) Riding the metro in Paris.
16) My first house sale.
17) Giving a commencement speech at middle school graduation.
18) The days of 7am to 7pm high school.
19) My college graduation party.
20) DJing for KSCR
21) Talking a teacher from a B to an A- in a college feminism class.
22) Coaching my team to win a distance relay track meet.
23) Traveling in Japan.
24) Dancing in the street.
25) The moment I gave up worrying about other people's opinions of me.
26) The moment I'm in. This one. Right here. And now.

1 comment:

JulyDream said...

Awesome post!! As I read through your 26 moments, I think of my own. :) Hope you kids had fun on Friday night...it was good to see you!