Monday, December 17, 2007

The Fall of a Bachelor





With New Year's fast approaching, the wedding event of the winter season is upon us in the form of Coach's New Year's Eve wedding. Never have I been more excited about my New Year's plans, and I do mean never. In celebration, we rode out to the city to help him celebrate Saturday night.

I start my evening at 3 in the parking lot outside the stadium with Gavroche, PR and Hessica for the Niners v. Bengals game. To the enjoyment of all, the Niners actually manage to pull off a win, which leaves me, slightly faded, walking through the parking lot after the game yelling, "Who dey?!" to every Bengals fan I see. We get out of the stadium, I head home, shower and head back to the city for the bachelor party.

The group is 9 of us, mainly high school friends of the Coach. I seem to be the only new blood, but there is the former throws coach (P), as well as E and Airel who I've met before. Somehow, following the 40 I had at the game and the rodka I had coming up to the city, I still manage to be convinced to take a shot of Patron. For those of you that know me, you know I'm not good at shots, let alone tequila, yet for this party, I manage to hold it down.

We leave from there and head to North Beach where we grab pizza. The only person that knows the plan right now is E, and I see why as we head to our destination. It's definitely a bachelor party. What's funny, is that as the group gets to the door (we've already all been cleared to enter by the head of the party), the girl checking our IDs keeps seeing all these Filipinos. She goes, "Daaaamn, you Filipino's roll deep!" Me, at the back with the Coach, responds, "Hey now, not all of us." She looks up and sees me, but before taking my ID goes, "hold on just a second, these guys are in a different group," to both of us. I'm positive that this is because they're all Filipino and I'm the only white guy. I point out that the guest of honor is right beside me, and we indeed are all together, and she lets us in.

The rest I leave up to the annals of time and your imagination, as some things are better left unsaid. Wish him well people, he heads towards marriage now like a man aboard a train without brakes. But his lady, EdeJ, she's fantastic, so I wish them all the best in their future happiness!

I read a quote today which I thought worth passing on..."Marriage is like a bathtub...it's not so hot once you get used to the water."

Up next...birthday celebrations!

No comments: