Monday, December 31, 2007

Top 12s for 2007

The end of the year. Time for reflection, shoddy resolutions that only last for the next month (which I can avoid seeing as how I've succeeded in sticking to my New Year's resolution of three years ago to not make any more resolutions) and of course the best of lists to sum up everything into one tidy bundle for popular consumption. It was an amazing year for me, professionally and personally. The new friends, experiences, activities, outings, movies, concerts, music and parties made the year fly by, while making it feel like 5 years in the making. To commemorate 2007, I give you the best movies, events and blog posts of 2007.

Movies: I've always been a huge movie watcher, but when I actually started keeping track of the movies I watch, it created a new way to judge, view and prioritize my movie watching. There's so many out there that the idea I'll be able to get to even a fraction in my lifetime is insane, but at least now I can know what kind of dent I've made. Here are the top movies I watched from each month this year. All told, I watched 182 movies this year. The month links link to the posts with the movies from that month.

Jan: Children of Men
Feb: Slam
Mar: Fast Food Nation
Apr: Amores Perros
May: La Haine
Jun: A Scanner Darkly
Jul: In the Bedroom
Aug: The Jacket
Sept: The Method
Oct: Darjeeling Limited
Nov: Rabbit-Proof Fence
Dec: Water

Events and Blogs: I'm always writing about what I do, and sometimes writing just to write. Sometimes I'll get done with an event or a blog and hope that never in my life will I have to repeat it. Other times, I'll return to it often for the joy I had doing it, or the fun I had writing it. Be it an event I attended or just a blog I posted, here are my favorites from 2007 complete with links so you can revisit them or see them for the first time...

Jan: Children of Booze
Feb: Grown Ass Men and Women
Mar: All Sorts of Randomness (or my City Circuit)
Apr: Don’t Drink Pear Vodka
May: Cocktail Stages of a Wedding
Jun: Dolores Spark
Jul: The Vicious Cutting of Rugs
Aug: Mementos
Sep: A Wedding in Time Saves Nine
Oct: Bringing Pumpkins Back
Nov: We Can See the Black Cat Changing Colors
Dec: 26 Fantastic Moments

My favorite non-event post of the year was Still Water. Off to a wedding tonight for the New Year's...hopefully it starts off 2008 with a bang. See you next year folks, unless I don't, and then I won't.

No comments: