Thursday, July 24, 2008

On a Wednesday? Why not?

Last night I forgo the usual ultimate frisbee in Mateo and take to the streets with two 16th row tickets to the Giants game. Bini and I go, and I'm a rum and coke (hereafter to be referred to as roke...for those unaware, I'm on a hiatus from rodka after feeling like I was having a heart attack last time I was drinking them)...

The Giants play a fantastic game where they blow the lead but get huge clutch hits from Aurilia and Vizquel to eventually win the game. Things are a bit awkward when I run into some of my track runners, but I disappear quickly.

On the drive back, I realize it's Wednesday, which means Coach and E are running at the 7 Mile. I head over there to hear about an hour of some very energetic and sometimes surprisingly good karaoke. The bartender says she remembers me, and as I'm leaving I go to thank her again, but E spills the fact that I don't remember her name. She goes, "Thanks Adam. Last time I do anything nice for you." Ooops.

On the way home, I'm hungry (having only had a half of a free burrito at the ballpark), so I figure hey, it's Wednesday, I'm faded, it's almost 1...Jack in the Box sounds like a good idea. Bacon cheddar potato wedges are good...but try this....their BBQ Bacon Sirloin burger topped with onion rings. Boom!

No comments: