Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Saturday, Part 2 (Chaz's Birthday)




I get back to my car at around 8-8:30 on Saturday. I take off my button up short sleeve and replace it with a long sleeve, throw a hat on, and scare passerbys as I stand on the sidewalk next to my car brushing my teeth. But when I'm done, I feel like a new drinker and head to Zeitgeist to meet up with Chaz for his birthday.

Over there it's Jarles, Gavroche on hiatus from his study sessions, Mau, Hessica, Topher and ChengJ (inexplicably out of the Marina), Loe, Da, Forte and some others. Zeitgeist is excellent as usual, providing cheap drinks and a place outside to smoke. We spend about 2 hours or so there, joined by the Glass brothers, before we decide to leave. Chaz leads the way and we head over to Elbo Room, which, unsurprisingly, is elbow room only. That place, I swear I don't know why people go there...it's always too packed to move, and really, too packed to even have much fun in. Talking to people is impossible because of the volume, and it's across from a police station. I just don't see the appeal.

We don't even get a drink there as we decide to leave for greener pastures and settle at the 500 Club. This is the dive bar I used for a bathroom stop at last year's Pride parade, and it's the most crowded I've ever seen it, but still better than Elbo. At this point, following an entire afternoon of drinking, Chaz is pretty well snookered. Glace is sobering up as she's driving later, and we all make the trek to the crepe stand. Pretty simple evening, if you don't take into account that I started at 2pm.

Next up....the end of summer.

No comments: