Friday, June 13, 2008

10 Things to Think About on a Friday

Stressful. That's what moving is. Especially when you've lived in one place for 4 years, gotten comfortable with the space and surroundings, and are very very bad at throwing things away. In packing and readying boxes to move, I have found some of the following: an instruction manual to a radar detector that broke and was thrown away a year and a half ago, my cell phone contract from my freshman year of college, my college graduation announcements (or rather, what was left of them), two old cell phones, and several electronic gadgets that either no longer have a power cord, or the power cord is present and the gadget is missing. For some reason, I had decided to keep these lonely halves of nothingness.

So while I get ready to spend the next two days lugging my belongings from an old home to a new one, I give you 10 things to think about as you get closer to a weekend that is sure to be more fun than mine.

1) I don't know about you, but personally, had I been mauled by a tiger, I don't think I'd be interested in bringing four new tiger cubs to my house.
2) I hope this time the idea of humans all being equal and deserving equal rights and protections actually sticks.
3) I'm currently thinking of ways to decorate the new apartment. I'm thinking something like the hydroponics at Epcot Center might be cool...
4) You may have read my rant about Kobe Bryant a few weeks ago, and my similar vitriol surrounding the Lakers. Well now they can add "biggest blown lead in modern Finals history" to their resume. How sweet....go Celts!
5) When someone is given some serious physical talent, and then pisses it all away (much like his older brother), you have to be sad right? Or do you just curse them for being ridiculously idiotic?
6) I think the idea of The Office spin-off is great. Now we can only hope that the rumors of Karen making it back on are true.
7) Considering I have an mp3 of Jay-Z which alternates him rapping and then the original raps that he stole the lines from, this kind of lawsuit doesn't surprise me all that much.
8) What color are you thinking of painting your future baby's room?
9) Let this be a lesson to you...if you're a teacher, don't strip in front of your class.
10) I don't know what I find more amusing here...the fact that Britney going to Las Vegas is considered news, or the fact that Kevin Federline is being honored as "Father of the Year."

Up next....Immortal Technique Interview!

No comments: