Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Neighbors

It's only been a few days since we moved into the new apartment, but already I've met most of the neighbors. We've got Dean and his wife living with their little son Joey (a very friendly toddler), a mother and daughter (who laughs at me because she's caught me singing out loud a few times), Toya, an elderly woman who has been living there for 18 years, and Grace and Chris, a young married couple who we've seen walking to downtown with keg cups of beer. Surprisingly, I haven't yet met the person who parks next to me in the garage.

After ultimate last night, Coach and E call me up and ask me to go running with them over at the 7 Mile. I oblige, and I'm even feeling friendly enough that I actually join them on stage for a rousing rendition of "Paul Revere." After the bar closes and kicks us out, we stand outside where I get to hear some serious HIStory from these two about their days. After this, I head home and pull into my driveway shortly before 3 am.

Imagine my surprise as I pull into the garage and see a man sticking up out of the Mazda Miyata that parks next to me. And as I pull in and look at him, I see that he has completely passed out in his car. Sitting up, garage parked, passed out. I park and close the garage door, which is apparently pretty loud because it wakes him up and he looks around in a moment of confused stupor. I get out of the car, introduce myself, he mumbles a few words and staggers drunk as hell into his apartment, making a line that would resemble the flight path of a hummingbird. Good show friend, good show.

No comments: