Monday, June 9, 2008

Rockin' Out



Friday night brought about Coach G's birthday party, which we celebrated at his place in Brisbane with some traditional Filipino food and a healthy dosage of Rock Band. I've tried Guitar Hero before (I suck pretty badly), and this was my first time trying Rock Band. I'll say that my drumming skills are on par with a very untalented 6 year old, my bass and guitar work, now that I'm actually getting the hang of the game play, is getting better, and the singing, for someone like me, is actually manageable. I played, had a good time, and didn't feel like a complete moron while doing so.

Following that, we manage to get the married couple to come out on the town with us as we go to meet up with a bachelorette party that is doing their thing at Bourbon and Branch in the city. Jarles, D and others are all in attendance. Following this, the couple, who's never been to the crepe stand, gets the lovely treat of feasting on them before I drive them back to Brisbane.

The highlight of the evening, of course, is when EdeJ's mom decides to give Rock Band a try. Here she is below, playing the drums, and then singing Nirvana's "In Bloom." Stay tuned for news about the pending move...






No comments: