Monday, June 23, 2008

Slow But Steady

It wasn't the most memorable weekend on record, nor one where I partied very hard, but it was definitely an enjoyable way to ease myself back into the world after two solid weeks of moving. Friday night, Sis came into town with a friend, who immediately destroyed my new apartment by walking (the guy is 6'3") into my dining room lamp and breaking it. Luckily for me, the guy had some sort of technological know-how and was able to purchase and install a replacement before he left.

After finding out that Hessica's flight was delayed and she wasn't going to be able to go out with us, we decide to make an evening out of it at the new place, testing the outdoor patio for its Beirut capabilities...verdict is in, and it's good. Gavroche, myself, Jarles made up of a very grumpy Glace, Sis and Hessica have a good time, passing out late.

Early the next morning, Sis and I are off to Pop's to celebrate Father's Day with him and KTC. We're having a fine time until KTC pulls a pass-out move that has us afraid for her life. Non-responsive and out of it, I'm thinking of ways to disappear before the cops show up and start asking questions when she snaps out of it and complains of being too warm. Ya, that's bad, put on a cold washcloth.

After this, we head over and meet up with Loesche, Gavroche, Jarles, Da, Walsh, Draa, Monique and her friend at Gavroche's parents' place where they are out of town and have left us to amuse ourselves by the pool, which is done with quite a few js, a mini-keg that Walsh brought and numerous shots of vodka. Deciding I need time to get ready for my evening plans, I go home in order to nap, shower, change and get to the city. Upon awaking from my nap, I'm hot, sweaty and a bit nauseous. I figure the shower will fix that, get out, roll up and fix a drink for the road. Everything is on track at this point, but the car drink just isn't sitting well for me. The plan is to meet up with Za and McButter for a housewarming party, then head over to the Marina to meet Glass's birthday crawl crew. The night does not go as planned.

Upon meeting up with Za and McButter, no sooner am I ten steps out of my car towards hers than I get the mimosas, vodka and Mr. Pickle's of the day in reverse. I then spend the entire housewarming party trying to rally myself into a going out mode without the luxury of more alcohol. When we leave the party and I'm still not right, the two of them decide to call it a night and I head home. Very exciting stuff, I know.

I'll digress for a moment here about the mall....I went to the mall yesterday, not looking for anything specific. What I found was a crazy number of bed/bath product stores. I counted 4 different body lotion/soap type stores, and that's not even including the section within other stores like Victoria's Secret and Macy's. I wonder just how many bodies there are to wash out there, and how many different varieties and brands of vanilla body cream one could actually need...I mean, this is 1 mall with 4 stores selling the same products....am I missing something here?

As boring as this post was about a non-spectacular weekend, up next is Pride...

No comments: