Sunday, June 10, 2007

Country Club Chaos






It’s Vic’s birthday party, and it’s at a country club. I think you know where this is going. A few months ago, we all had the opportunity to attend the Grown Ass Man party thrown by Gavroche. Now, Vic is not one to be outdone, and when I heard the party was at the P G CC, I knew we were well on our way there. Guest list for this one includes Tik, Gavroche, Phil, Pat, Ronnie, Vic's girl and her friends, Drew, JK, Miller, Jon A., Chuck, James and a huge host of others.

I’ve got a rodka in me by the time we hit the gates of the club, and it doesn’t slow down when we get in and find that the open bar is already open. There are appetizers everywhere and I’m quite frankly a little blown away by the amount of talent that has shown up (not to mention the incredibly hot older Russian women). I start with……drum roll please………a long island.

Around 8 or so, they open up the main ballroom where the dinner is set up. The tables are loaded with all sorts of food, the majority of which I never touch because I’m in drinking dinner mode. Each table has multiple bottles of Ketel which is perfect when you take into account the rockstars I smuggled in in Roomie’s purse.

Vic’s roomie gets up and talks about the moment he was told they “weren’t meshing,” his brother talks about positive memories (which I was not quite entirely sure existed), and Gavroche talks about the positive aspects of resembling Vic. It’s about this time that I step out with Drew, his girl, Roomie, Alan and a few others for the first of the 6 joints I’ve brought for the occasion.

Back inside, the music is going and people have pretty much forgone entrees and desserts for the dance floor. The shots continue and the general mood of the crowd goes from buzzed to trashed. It’s when I’m outside smoking the second time that a middle aged Russian couple approaches me to smoke some of the joint. I’m a little freaked out, but I oblige them and proceed to be sucked into a real estate conversation.

Now you gotta realize…at first, I’m faded, this guy starts talking market as he’s taking drags off my joint, so I figure we’re just going to shoot the shit a bit. It’s when they jump on one of the homes I’ve mentioned as being horrible and not at all what they’re talking about, that I shake the liquor soggy contents of my mind and get refocused. I start busting out properties he hasn’t seen yet and manage to get his interest tuned in. We’ve been talking for what seems like ages when his wife comes back, grabs his arm and says, “don’t do any deals tonight!”

Back inside, I manage to beckon Roomie onto the dance floor and proceed to go crazy, all while trying not to spill the long island I’m carrying around. This does not prove to be easy. This is when the night gets real interesting. A girl starts dancing with me, and after we’ve danced for a while we decide to go walk around the club a bit. We get back into the ballroom and she leaves immediately. What I don’t know until the next morning is the following:
1) Her dad had seen us dancing together and had come over to dance near us.
2) He was so frustrated by her dancing with me that he decided the family needed to leave the party.
3) It was when he left the dance floor that she and I wandered off
4) The entire time we were walking around, he was looking for us.

Oops.

Needless to say, I’m afraid for my life. I haven’t done anything wrong, but you never know what people will do when you disappear with their daughter for half an hour in the middle of a party.

At around 2 o’clock, Roomie, Chaz and myself look around to realize that we’re the only people other than the wait staff left at the club. Literally, there’s no one else there. We somehow manage to get a cab, and that’s the last of what I remember until I wake up, still dressed, in bed the next morning. It only takes me three steps out of bed to realize that I’m still drunk.

Another fantastic Russian event, a sure winner for Vic, and more chaos than you might hope to find at a Country Club. Party on Wayne, and party on Garth.

No comments: