Friday, June 1, 2007

Not Like Most Thursdays




When I haven't heard from Za in like three weeks, and then get a text about going out on a Thursday night, I feel like there's nothing I can do BUT go. Due to my newly busted ankle, I'm feeling getting faded, but having a hard time with stick shift, so Roomie's down to drive but not drink. The night is shaping up perfectly.

We stay at home to watch the amazing antics of Lebron James, singlehandedly willing his team to victory by scoring something ridiculous like 29 of their last 30 points, and their final 25 overall. Ridiculous.

But then, the game ends, it's creeping on towards 9 and the roommate doesn't want to go out anymore. She's tiiiiiiired. Fine. I put on something similar to a game face, fix myself a rockstar vodka and jump in the car. I pull into the city round 10, meet up with Za and McButter (the newly happy couple) at Askew. We leave there, head down to Lucky 13 . We see E, Xex, Shrooming Architect (who had a crazy story about his shroom trip in the swamp by Lake Shasta yesterday), and a few people I'm meeting for the first time.

Round 12, McButter's tired, Za can't keep her hands to herself and, preparing for the ride home, I'm about ready myself. Za's hungry, and we end up on the way back at Baghdad Cafe . Which is cool, because after two rodka's (rockstar vodka's! I just came up with that. I feel clever, cheesy and retarded all at once) and a j, I need to utilize facilities. But the facilities are locked. For a long time. And then an even longer time. People knock, come and go, and no one answers. I can't concentrate on the conversation because my brain is filling with urine. If you think that sounds disgusting, imagine how I felt! Pounding on the door again, still no answer.

The guy that emerges 20 minutes later is skinny, long beard, shaggy hair, glasses, and out of it. He's either been nodding off or sleeping on the toilet. I return from the bathroom and find him conversing with Mc and Za, and can only smile admirably at McButter because she has the patience of a saint and continues the conversation. I'm restless and feel trapped that this guy is sitting right next to me trying to tear bugs out of his skin.

The night ends as I steal Za's cigarettes to dispose of properly, get home and add another dancing video to the collection for the (I promise!) upcoming video. I also got these awesome hat fliparoo shots with Za.

Not the most elaborate, drunk or exciting of nights, but certainly not how I normally spend my Thursdays. Don't miss the May movie list below and the new quote of the day to the right. Until next time, keep your headlights on.

No comments: