Monday, June 4, 2007

Saturday Night Fish Fry





There's not really any good explanation for that title, just something that involved Saturday night that I thought would work for me. It starts with an all day training session that leaves me wiped out. I get home, nap, watch Thumbsucker, a movie I would highly recommend for anyone, watch Lebron James become a grown man, and then head up to the city Rodka in hand.

Get to Damie's place about 9ish while D's still studying...kill one while waiting to hear from Chaz and Amie. They're at Bar None, so I catch a cab, get out there, only to show up and be told that Mamie was so drunk she had left to go home. Not that I had gone out to hang out with her or anything like that. I"m waiting to hear from Glasses about possibly dancing, but that call never comes in.

Do get a call from Thy who wants to meet up. She and her friend meet Chaz and I at Bar None (Johnson has left to "still be sober enough to walk to where I need to"...between some drinks, some joints and some card games, we're out late. The night culminates as we mix a drink composed of vodka, frozen berries and ice. I still can't taste the alcohol.

After getting back to Damie's place, Chaz and I smoke and juggle before passing out. I wake up when D asks if I want breakfast, and the response to my yes is bacon, scrambled eggs and eggos. I'm actually starting out a Sunday morning NOT sick to my stomach at this point.

Open house and a grad party later, I'm watching Sopranos with Damie (well, not with Amie, she was once again TRASHED), Daw, Loesche and Roomie. Wow. I won't spoil it for you that haven't seen it. But wow.

Big week this week....if you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it. And by the way, check out the picture of my ankle...playing ultimate frisbee last week, I turned it under me. Guy ten yards away said he heard it pop. This is what it looks like now.

No comments: