Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

You have to love Easter...go to the buffet, eat prime rib, made to order omelettes, eggs Benedict, lox and bagels, chocolate covered strawberries, bacon, eggs, fish, chicken, salads...and those are just the things I ate!

Went out Saturday night to Rickshaw. Had a rather odd moment, although it contributed to one of the funnier things I've heard in a bar....I'm standing there, waiting for the bartender, minding my own business, when this girl walks up to me. Now keep in mind, I'm well aware I'm in a lesbian bar...I'm not trying to be flirtatious, or talk to anyone, or heck, to even be noticed. So it shocks me when this girl comes up to me at the bar. She looks at me and says, "I forgot there were guys in this bar...you're kinda turning me off."

The music is loud though...I can't tell exactly what she said, so I lean over, "Did you just say I'm turning you off?" She says yes, to which I respond, "Um...thanks for letting me know," pick up my drink and go find my friends. I was shocked though...one of the reasons I enjoy hanging out in these places so much is that there's no expectation of me hitting on someone. I'm not there to do it, no one there wants me to do it, and it seems like a natural and symbiotic relationship to hang out and not have to worry if some girl thinks I'm flirting or not. I go to great lengths to be unobtrusive, so it was humorous to me that without doing anything but standing at the bar, I was told that...

Next up? Welcome to Ultimate Season!

No comments: