Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Green Monday


When I get to the club, I think the best way to honor Saint Patrick is to race the cheetah. For those that missed my first race with the cheetah, see here. Needless to say that as I'm taking these rips, my internal body temperature starts to skyrocket, I start to sweat, and I wonder if I can make it out alive with Joe going, "there's just one more hit in there." When I leave the club, I feel like my head is about to explode and somehow my body's up to 200 degrees. I spend the next thirty minutes trying to find some type of coherency without making a complete fool of myself.

I meet up with Za and McButter for a foray to a speaker at the SFJ. The speaker is Jennifer Baumgardner speaking about her book Look Both Ways, a book about bisexual politics. While I find her well spoken (despite her need to start every answer with, "Ya, um," I'm a bit disappointed in the discourse in general as the moderator of the event asks pretty repetitive questions with no real dialogue between them.

After that, we need to get our Green on, so we head to the Chieftan in the SOMA which provides a perfect atmosphere for the Patrick celebration. We have some black and tans and I amuse myself by picking out douchebags in stupid shirts (winner: Blow Me, I'm Irish). But c'mon, even if it is St. Patrick's day, that doesn't change the fact that it's Monday, which to the faithful out there means Skylarking!

We get over there, and I'm happy to say that it's in full swing. The problems of the last two weeks in terms of more subdued and hidden smoking isn't a problem this week as the holiday crowd has boxed the entire dancefloor with joints and blunts. The ashtrays are out, the mood is festive, and due to the fact that it's the DJ's birthday, the usual reggae of the evening is peppered with hip-hop and other dance music because the birthday boy feels like it.

After we leave, we make a failed attempt at some crepes (I hate it when that place is closed), before I drop off the two and head home. Love the green.

No comments: